- Cruise through France aboard the ms River Discovery II — a Deluxe, state-of-the-art vessel launched in 2012!
- 2 included city stays in the best hotels — one included night in the center of Paris; one included night at a fabulous hotel in Monaco (travelers taking the Cote d'Azur extension will spend the included base tour night in Nice instead of Monaco)
- Intimate French Waterways River Cruise with the most included tours — the best way to experience cultural France!
- Wine with dinner every night aboard ship!
- Wine tastings in Beaune and Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- New features, including a “pub crawl” in Avignon and complimentary use of bicycles in ports
Your Price Includes
- Purchase your airfare from Vantage Travel and your airport transfers in your destination, government taxes and fees, and fuel surcharges are included!
- Accommodations: 9 nights aboard the Deluxe ms River Discovery II, plus 1 night in Paris at the First-Class Le Méridien Etoile, and 1 night at the Deluxe Fairmont Monte Carlo in Monaco (travelers taking the Cote d'Azur extension will spend the included base tour night in Nice, not Monaco)
- 11 included sightseeing tours — a value of $1,220 per couple — PLUS Cultural Connections
- Complimentary QuietVox headsets with all included sightseeing on the base tour and optional extensions
- 31 meals: 11 breakfasts, 9 lunches, and 11 dinners, including Captain’s Welcome & Farewell Dinners, and meals ashore
- Up to four European Vantage Program Managers — rated “Excellent” by 94% of Vantage travelers!
- Visits to 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- All transfers & baggage handling overseas (where permitted) when you purchase your airfare from Vantage
- Vantage 5% Travel Reward, received upon your return, to use toward your next Vantage Memorable Journey®
11 Sightseeing Tours – a value of $1220 per couple!
- Walking tour of Dijon
- Beaune & Burgundy excursion
- Visit to Cluny Abbey
- Walking tour of Mâcon
- Tour of Lyon, including the Basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvière and a walk through Halles de Lyon gourmet food market
- Walking tour of the ancient Roman town of Vienne
- Walking tour of the village of Viviers, including outside views of Bishop’s Palace, Cathedral, and Knight’s Residence
- Visit to Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Tour of Avignon, with guided visit to the Palais de Papes
- Tour of Pont du Gard, the soaring Roman aqueduct, and historic Uzès
- Panoramic city tour of Nice
Plus Cultural Connections
- Onboard Lecture Series: French Waterways; France Today; Cheese, Wine, and Bread
- French language lesson
- Two wine tastings: Beaune and Châteauneuf-du-Pape (wine and chocolate)
- Visit to a cheese farm, with a tasting
- Visit to a mustard factory in Beaune
- Crème brûlée demonstration
- Silk-painting demonstration aboard ship
- Pétanque — demonstration of a traditional French game
- Vantage-exclusive organ concert in Viviers Cathedral
- Pub crawl in Avignon
- Gypsy night and concert on board
- Onboard entertainment, including French chanteuse (female French singer) and new musical entertainment with dancing