Take a hike — or a bike! This cruise provides many opportunities for longer walks and for taking advantage of complimentary bicycles aboard ship. Here are suggestions to get you started:
Bike route maps and other info available on our Biking page.
Ride to Monet’s Studio and Garden on a self-guided bike ride. Follow a mostly flat circuit that takes you through Bonnieres-sur-Seine, La Roche Guyon, and to Giverny, where you can stop to visit Monet's garden. Approximately 20 miles.
Join a local expert for a walking tour through the village and on a half-mile walk up to the ruins of the Château Gaillard fortress, where you’ll enjoy spectacular views of the river valley.
• Take a guided walking tour of Honfleur, including the charming harborfront area. This picturesque fishing port attracted many of the French Impressionist painters, who maintained studios here and painted local scenes. You’ll also have free time to walk further on your own.
• Sign up for a self-guided bike ride along the coast to Deauville, a former fishing town that became an elegant vacation destination. There are many small venues for refreshments in Deauville before the return trip. Approximately 25 miles, roundtrip.
• Enjoy active longer walking routes following your city walking tour.
• Take a self-guided bike ride that follows the north bank of the Seine downstream to the village of La Bouille, an excellent place for a bite to eat. Cross the river and return via the Roumare Forest. Options available for 25- or 35-mile loops.
• Sign up for scenic canoeing on the placid waters of the Eure River, a tributary of the Seine. (Limited to 32 people.)
• Join an active walking tour through the Old Town and to the Marine Museum, which offers interesting exhibits on the area’s maritime history, including river barging
• Follow a bike path to Villa Savoye, a 1927 private residence built by the architect Le Corbusier, one of the most important influences on modern architecture. Villa Savoye was named in the 2016 UNESCO designation of Le Corbusier’s collective works. 16 miles.