Single Supplements now reduced — available on every departure!
Extend Your Adventure
Iguassu Falls, Brazil
View Extension Details
Your Price Includes:
FROM $1,099 PER PERSON | 3 DAYS | $366 PER DAY
Prior to your Antarctica polar exploration, visit another natural wonder with our optional pre-trip extension. Travel to spectacular Iguassu Falls National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site of 275 thundering falls on the border of Brazil and Argentina. Second in size only to Victoria Falls, this series of cataracts once prompted Eleanor Roosevelt to take pity on her country’s most famous falls, saying “Poor Niagara!” as she gazed upon mighty Iguassu. The falls are all impressive, but the most spectacular is the Devil’s Throat: the 2,300-foot-long spectacle separates Argentina and Brazil.
- Included flights: 1 domestic flight from Iguassu Falls to Buenos Aires
- Accommodations: 2 nights near Iguassu Falls National Park at the First-Class Bourbon Cataratas Resort (or similar)
- 4 meals: 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- 2 sightseeing tours featuring both the Brazilian & Argentinean sides of the falls
- All transportation while on tour
- All transfers and baggage handling while overseas, beginning at our hotel
- A regional expert to accompany you
DAY 1-2: Overnight flight / Iguassu Falls, Brazil
This thrilling extension opens a window to the power and beauty of nature whose lush, green environment is far different from Antarctica. After boarding an overnight flight to Iguassu Falls, you'll have time this afternoon to relax and settle into your room before enjoying dinner at the hotel. The rest of your evening is at leisure tonight.
Included meals: Dinner
DAY 3: Iguassu Falls
We begin our explorations today on the Brazilian side of the falls, taking in spectacular panoramic views. Begin with a walking tour with magnificent views of Devil's Throat, where torrents crash into a narrow canyon from three sides. You'll have free time this afternoon to enjoy lunch on your own before heading back to the hotel. Dinner is on your own this evening. Or, join a thrilling optional Macuco Safari for an even closer look at the falls.
Included meals: Breakfast
DAY 4: Iguassu Falls / Buenos Aires
After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, we'll head out to explore the Argentinean side of the cascades. We'll embark on a walking tour and admire the falls from the Upper Trail before enjoying lunch in the park. Later, we'll transfer to the airport for a short flight to Buenos Aires, where we'll join up with the base tour on Day 2.
Included meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Free Supplement (limited availability)
* Prices are per person, double occupancy, based on January dates. Free single supplement — a value of $149! Limited availability.