Single Supplements now reduced — available on every departure!
What to Expect
- You must be able to walk 2 miles unassisted in uneven grounds in COLD & WINDY conditions
- You must be able to board on polarcirkel boat to do the excursions onboard MS MIDNATSOL
- This is NOT a physically challenging trip but you will be in the most remote parts of the planet so excellent health is essential for your own personal safety and the rest of the group
- Travelers with serious health conditions or mobility issues are not suited for this adventure
- 6 locations in 18 days
- 2-nights stay in hotels, one at the beginning and one at the end of your trip
Most flights to/from South America travel overnight so you will be arriving next day in the early morning.
- EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS: temperatures in the LOW 30s F as you will be traveling during austral summer. Wind is the most challenging weather factor, commonly reaching 40 to 60 mph.
- Uneven Terrain: during your 2 hr off-shore excursions you will be walking approx. 1mile in the very few free-of-snow areas. Lose rocks and penguin guano make it quite slippery. You will be provide with rubber boots onboard ship.
- Cape Horn stairs: weather permitting, for landing in Cape Horn you need to go up 170 steps up & same coming down. These steps can be wet & slippery.
Hotels & Expedition Cruise
- Travel by private, air-conditioned motorcoach
- Navigate the southern ocean onboard expedition cruise ms Midnatsol: Ship-to-shore excursion onboard new and comfortable Polarcirkel boats
Our hotels are high international standard properties. We selected them with a focus on convenient locations in order to make the best of each destination.
- In Santiago and Montevideo, you will be within walking distance from main attractions and restaurants.
- You will explore the White Continent and Patagonia onboard expedition cruise ship ms Midnatsol
- Built in 2003, this vessel is an ice class 1X ship and equipped with advanced technology, making her very well-suited for expedition voyages in Antarctica.
Important Notice: The above day-by-day itineraries are preliminary and therefore subject to change. If changes occur while on tour, you will be notified by your Vantage Adventure Leader or regional expert.
Be prepared for
your journey with
get your gear
Antarctica, the Falklands & Cape Horn - 2018
Call us to reserve your next vacation:
REFER FRIENDS. EARN CASH.
TRAVEL FOR FREE.
Earn up to $1,200 cash and
a FREE trip as a Vantage