NEW for 2018! 2-for-1 Cruise & 2-for-1 Airfare. Plus, up to a full 10% SmartPay savings!
Activities & Entertainment
This trip is rated Moderate
This tour features a considerable amount of walking on uneven surfaces, including cobblestone streets and steps. The M/Y Harmony V
does not have an elevator on board. This program is not suitable for passengers with walking difficulties or wheelchairs. Tendering to shore — shuttling ashore aboard a smaller boat — is required in Santorini and may be required at other ports, depending upon seasonality.
Get Out & Get Active
During the course of your journey, you will have several opportunities for swimming. You'll also have opportunities during shore excursions for active walks and explorations of ancient ruins, such as:
Enjoy a Bike Outing!
- Walk around the charming Plaka district, the old town at the foot of the Acropolis, where you can explore flower-bedecked streets and stop into a restaurant or café.
- Climb the hill to the Acropolis, then enjoy a walking tour that includes the Parthenon.
- Mycenae: Get your hands dirty during a pottery-making demonstration
- Epidaurus: Walk among the ruins of temples and hospitals at the Sanctuary of Asklepios, an ancient healing center, and marvel at the great amphitheater known as the Theatre of Epidaurus.
- Santorini: Follow Santorini’s narrow streets and twisting staircases during explorations of this intriguing island. Includes the Akrotiri archaeological site and the island’s small but busy capital. Afterwards, descend by cable car to the port area. As noted elsewhere, you will be tendering to shore in Santorini.
- Mykonos: Take advantage of opportunities for swimming or biking.
Biking is not only a wonderful way to get some exercise, it's also a great way to explore some of the destinations you'll visit. During your cruise, you can enjoy complimentary use of the bicycles available on board. There are also a few ports along our route where you can rent bicycles at an additional cost — your Cruise Director can point you in the right direction. Click the links below for maps of many safe pathways open to cyclists.
View the Biking Route Map: Mykonos
Let Us Entertain You: Onboard Lecture Series & Entertainment
Daily lectures aboard ship by your Cruise Director / Historian reveal the fascinating history, culture, and mythology of Greece and the Aegean region. Enjoy lectures on the following six topics:
- Greek History: From Antiquity to the Present Day
- Alexander the Great
- Greek Mythology
- Architecture & Archaeology
- Religions in Greece