Enjoy this vessel on this Vantage trip:
- Built: 2018
- Length: 459 ft (139.903 m).
- Height: 77 ft (23.4696 m).
The MS Roald Amundsen will set a new standard in interior design and onboard
customer experience. The aura of the period of the great exploration expeditions will be recreated and
combined within a framework of modernity, and the ships will be of first-rate quality and deliver
The ships’ interiors will mirror the breathtaking waters and landscapes in which the expedition ships will
sail. They will be of stylish, yet down-to-earth, characterized by an innovative Scandinavian approach to
interior design. Materials will be predominantly Norwegian and be inspired by nature, and guests will
appreciate the distinguished environment created by the innovative use of granite, oak and birch, and
wool, and other natural materials.
- Are a new class of specially constructed ships designed for voyages in polar waters
- Have strengthened hulls for traversing ice
- Designed by Rolls Royce and to be constructed by Kleven Yards
- Will feature innovative Scandinavian design, large observation platforms, infinity pools, and several
- other yet-to-be-disclosed expedition features
- Number of passengers per ship: Approximately 600
- Number of cabins per ship: Approximately 300
- Also adapted to service the route along the Norwegian coast