What to Expect
Is This Adventure Right For You?
Please review the information below prior to departing on this adventure.
We reserve the right for our Adventure Leaders to modify participation, or in some circumstances send travelers home, if their condition would adversely affect the health, safety, or enjoyment of themselves or of other travelers.
• 6 locations in 13 days: 2 nights in Tel Aviv; 2 nights in Haifa; and 4 nights in Jerusalem, Israel; 2 nights on the Dead Sea; 2 nights in Petra; 1 night in Amman, Jordan
• Pre-trip extension: 2 nights in Tel Aviv
• Post-trip extension: 2 nights in Amman
• This is a busy itinerary packed with both indoor and outdoor sightseeing. Days often begin with bus transfers at 8 am and end at approximately 5 pm.
• Not appropriate for travelers using wheelchairs, walkers, or other mobility aids
• You must be able to walk unassisted while carrying hand luggage; expect 2-4 hours of physical activities on some days
• The hottest months May-September; mid-day temperatures can exceed 90°, particularly in the desert regions and along the Dead Sea. Tel Aviv and the Israeli coast have a Mediterranean climate, and as such is more moderate
• Daytime temperature between October and April, especially in the winter months, can dip below 40°F, especially at night
• Many historical sites require walking, sometimes on uneven or sandy ground, cobblestone streets, or through narrow passageways
• Most sightseeing is done on air-conditioned coaches, while trains, boats, cable cars, and horse-drawn carriages and/or camels are also employed
Accommodations & Facilities
• 13 nights in comfortable luxury hotels
• All accommodations have air-conditioning.
• All accommodations are en suite
Your Israel and Jordan
adventure will feature numerous cultural exchanges with local people and cultures — such as visits (and meals) with Druze, Jewish, and Bedouin communities. Your trip gives you the opportunity to experience different local religions, languages, cuisines, and arts as you travel the two nations.
Temperatures are at their highest in the summer months, and the country can experience heavy rainfall during the winter months.
Please Note: Breakfast will be provided daily at the hotels. All outdoor activities — such as boat and cable car rides — are subject to change due to local road and weather conditions.