Through its two main initiatives, Vantage Cares and the Vantage Heroes program, Vantage Philanthropy supports both domestic and international organizations offering safe havens, skills training, and intervention for communities at risk, while also providing educational and other opportunities that are otherwise unavailable.
The Vantage Cares program supports global communities in the very destinations we bring our travelers and at home in Massachusetts. The program currently supports the West End House Boys and Girls Club of Allston/Brighton, Massachusetts; the Chinchero Weavers Community in Peru’s Sacred Valley; the Chinotimba Primary School in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe; and the Varanasi Music School in Varanasi, India.
The Vantage Heroes program provides inspirational and complimentary travel opportunities to the everyday people whose lives have been dramatically affected by tragedy, loss, and war. Past recipients include the survivors of the Las Vegas shooting, injured veterans from the Israeli Brothers for Life organization, Iraq-Afghanistan war veterans, victims and first responders of the Boston Marathon bombings, and the families of fallen firefighters from the Yarnell Hill Fire and the World Trade Center attack on September 11, 2001.
Plus, in just the past year, Vantage Philanthropy has supported non-profits providing . . .
- Health & nutrition — 85,000 nutritious meals have been served to children and families
- Elementary Reading — 81% of enrollees are reading at grade level
- College Preparation — 94% of enrollees graduate from high school and 85% go on to college
- Career Development—13,000 hours of paid employment was created for disadvantaged youths, plus 4,600 hours of career skills training
- Programs for sports and fitness, and visual and performing arts
- Delivered more than 4,000 holiday turkeys to local families in need
. . . and has contributed to the following non-profits and educational institutions:
- The Pan Mass Challenge
- Sons of Italy Foundation
- The Jimmy Fund
- The West End Boys & Girls Club of Allston-Brighton